The day when you will have a successful IVF cycle is embryo transfer day. If you have gone through several embryo implantation processes and received failures each time, you will definitely know the significance of a healthy embryo. It is strongly advisable to make your body and mind ready for at least three or four months prior, for a successful transfer and embryo plant.
What Is Embryo Transfer?
The last stage involved in the IVF procedure is embryo transfer. During the IVF treatment, drugs and jabs that induce progesterone and hormones are provided to stimulate the ovaries to release healthy and sound eggs. The eggs are extracted from the ovaries and fertilized in the laboratory with the collected sperm to form embryos. Only the healthy and sound embryo is then transferred to the uterus through the cervical opening of the uterine cavity with a long and thin stent and an ultrasound machine.
Facts to Keep in Mind on Embryo Transfer Day
- Don’t panic or take stress on the day of Embryo Transfer.
- The process is simple and involves only 30 minutes, which is usually painless with the possibility of some cramping.
- The most effective technique for better placement of embryo transfer is ultrasound-guided embryo transfer.
- Most of the time, Anesthesia or sedation is not necessary to be given to the concerned person.
- You can go to eat something light before your Embryo transfer.
- Make sure to drink enough water for at least an hour before the embryo transfer, as it is done with a full bladder.
- Don’t wear makeup or perfume as embryos are sensitive in nature.
- After the transfer of the embryo, it is advisable to empty your bladder and rest for at least 15 minutes. No bed rest is required.
- Avoid hot baths, swimming, spas, and saunas for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- Avoid having sex
- Avoid long or bumpy trips immediately after embryo transfer as the embryo takes time to implant (the first 72 hours).
Embryo Transfer Variations
- Fresh Embryo Transfer – Once the eggs are fertilized, they are cultured for a couple of days before directly transferring to the uterus.
- Frozen Embryo Transfer– Healthy embryos that were frozen prior to any critical surgery or were not used in the first transfer of the IVF cycle can be thawed and transferred to the uterus in the next IVF cycle.
- Day 3 Embryo transfer- If an embryo carries 6-10 cells, it is considered a good normal grown embryo.
- Day 5 Embryo transfer – If an embryo carries 70 to 100 cells, it is considered a good normal-developed embryo. At this stage, it is termed as a blastocyst that can be transferred into the uterus.
A Successful Embryo Transfer Tips
Our health team of experts at First Step IVF focuses on boosting your overall fertility health. Since embryo transfer is the most critical step of IVF Treatment, our doctors ensure to take complete precautions during embryo transfer:
1. Dos Prior Embryo Transfer Day
- Diet: During IVF treatments, a lot of hormone injections are given which causes bloating and affects your digestion. A proper routine diet helps to improve your gut function, rectifies hormonal imbalance, and boost energy levels.
- Acupressure: There are an overall 250 major and minor energy points in our bodies, of which 114 are very important and 7 points are those that help improve hormonal balance. Acupressure helps stimulate these energy points and promotes cell growth in your body.
- Ayurveda: Ayurveda helps improve overall health during the IVF process, along with allopathic medicines that aid your body respond well to IVF treatments.
- Yoga: We all know the importance of Yoga in our daily lives. Yoga also helps improve fertility health to a great extent. Yoga asanas improve the endometrial lining, blood flow to the ovaries and also boost the quality of the egg.
2. Dos Post Embryo Transfer Day
After the procedure of embryo transfer, it becomes quite difficult to remain ideal for 14 days without doing anything. All sorts of conflicting feelings run through your mind and you come across many of these situations:
- Having an urge to do pregnancy tests often
- Panic Attacks
- Fear of Failure
- Negative Thoughts
To avoid such negativity and focus on improving your mental and physical health, you must indulge yourself in:
- Acupressure: Post embryo transfer, acupressure enables the embryo to attach and develop on its own, leading to a victorious pregnancy. Acupressure is very helpful during the whole IVF treatment.
- Diet: To ease your digestive system and make your body feel light and energetic, a proper diet is recommended.
- Meditation: Meditation helps you to be calm, peaceful and create a pure connection with the baby growing inside you, thereby making you feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
- Counseling IVF: Most people get worried and often receive panic attacks due to failure concerns. Don’t miss these warning signs and come see an IVF consultant right away to overcome your fear.
A couple must prepare their body and mind to have healthy eggs and sperm in order to get a healthy embryo as a healthy embryo is not formed overnight.
Healthy Egg + Healthy Sperm = Healthy Embryo, i.e., Successful IVF
Call First Step IVF for advice and make an appointment with our team of experts for the best IVF treatment in Delhi.